Monday 18 April 2016

Coding - Player Controller and Spells - John Howard

Task

Create a player controller to test the AI and showcase Jack's animations and effects


Basically our animator and vfx guy had a lot of stuff that didn't make it into the game due to some problems with the main character controller. So I decieded to spend an evening setting up a completely new character controller. I used the ethan animator tree then added Jack's attack and spell animations to it. With a modified golem health script to act as the players and an entire input script that calls different spells. I'm surprised how quickly I was able to do this and whilst its buggy this is code done in 4-5 hours. I will come back to this after and set up a fully working non buggy controller that can be used in my next game. I was very happy with this though. And so was Jack who appreciated being able to showcase his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment