Tuesday 5 April 2016

Completed mage statue asset



Ambient Oclusion


Albedo


gloss
Normals

Similar to the process I had to carry out on my character model with the normals, I also had to carry out the process once more with this statue. When I first baked out the normals the book that the statue is carry had baked onto the robe and I wasn't happy with how it looked, so I had to separate the book out as a different object along with the robe and the base also, so that I could bake them all separate again and piece them together in photoshop so that there was not strange obscurities in the model.
Lowpoly UV unwrap

Finalised Low Poly model created from quad drawing over the top of descimated versions of my statues high poly model that I created within Zbrush that can be shown below.
 During the Process of creating the detail on this model in zbrush, i added many cracks and wear into the statue to give it effects that i knew i wouldn't be able to achieve from the texturing process within quixel.

By using a range of brushes, i was able to give the statue the appearance of being very old and worn away which was exactly the look I was going for, so that it would fit well within the games environment.

Above are the screenshots I captured of the finalized statue rendered within quixel with all texture maps applied to it. I decided to add a small amount of mold detail to the textures during the Quixel workflow as I imagined that the dungeon would be quite damp and end up creating a slight tint of mold on the statue, which gives it that extra level of realism when added to the games environment.











No comments:

Post a Comment