Monday 18 April 2016

Environment Assets - Tomb & Statue(Remade)

Using Ncloth To achieve realistic effect



Earlier on in the project, when i created the main character I was torn when it came to creating the cloth trousers on him and the folder jacket wrapped around his waste. I wanted to create the cloth and jacket with using Ncloth within maya but I wasn't comfortable with the process so wanted to make sure I could deliver the best model with the skills that I already had.
when it came to creating the environment assets however, I had a lot more time to experiment with things like Ncloth in maya. So When it came to creating this coffin/Tomb I wanted it to appear as though they had mages entombed within this coffins and would have they're body set in stone on the surface with a sheet half covering them. This was the perfect opportunity to experiment with Ncloth to achieve the level of detail that I wanted. 



Here is the final rendered coffin within quixel with its normals taken from a higher poly version of the model that I created in zbrush, where I added cracks and detail in it using the brushes in the sofware. I wanted to give the coffin the same level of detail that I gave the statue earlier on, where it would appear as if it had been kept within the dungeon for a long time.

Albedo

AO

Gloss

Normals

UV's

When it came to unwrapping the coffin, I realized that I had been wasting space with previous environment assets on the texture sheet, using the whole texture space for one object each. So with this coffin I decided to change this and utilize the texture sheet. As I knew that I wanted the coffin and the statue to have a similar texture, I decided that these two models would be able to share the same sheet.
This then meant that I had to rearrange the statues uv within maya and rexport the model ready to bake in xnormal with the coffin at the same time.

Mage statue in engine










No comments:

Post a Comment