Monday 18 April 2016

Environment Assets - Prisoner Cage

The prisoner cage was the first environment asset that I began creating that was going to use the skeleton asset. To make up for how high poly the skeletons where, I wanted to ensure that I made these assets as low poly as possible.


I knew from the beginning that this model was going to be made of one rusted texture through out, so that it wouldn't require any colour ID maps or anything to separate out any textures.



Above is the finalized low poly prisoner cage model with all the textures and maps baked on it from quixel. I wanted to give the cages to feeling that they've been within the dungeon for years, and the prisoners where always untended, left to die in their cell. 



Here are two examples of the poses that I was able to put the skeleton that i made earlier on within the project into the cage. This meant that I was able to export the cage and then export the skeleton as one object in the pose that It was in, so that when it was imported into the game, the skeleton would be in this position. I wanted to create two different possess so that each cage looked a bit different so that the player saw the illusion that not each cage is just a copy of the other one.  


Albedo
AO
Gloss
Normal
Specular














No comments:

Post a Comment