Monday 18 April 2016

Skeleton Rig and Ragdoll - Jack Schular Animation/VFX


We wanted to place skeletons around the map but it would be very time consuming to create each individual bone so I wanted to create a ragdoll prefab which could populate the scene. I initially created a rig that could be animated correctly where the spine would bend and deform as it moved. When I tried this rig as a ragdoll however it did not look right. As the skeleton would not actually have animations within the game I decided to create a second rig where each bone would not be skinned to the rig but would be parented to the bone heirachy. This allowed the skeletons to ragdoll properly without deformation of the bones.

I created a script to find each joint with the ragdoll colliders and turn off isKinematic and turn on the detect collisions this allows us to pose a skeleton if we wish and then trigger the ragdoll as the player interacts with or walks into it. I then attempted to come up with a script that would allow the individual bones to seperate from the ragdoll allowing the skeleton to explode however I could not get this functionality to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment