Sunday 17 April 2016

Particles - Jack Schular


I was required to create particles for the lights throughout our level I first created a torch out of skeleton assets created by Alex. And using sprites drawn by Matt I created a flame effect emiting from the skeleton bones. I used sub emiters to create a flame effect around the outside of the skull on the death of the first particle system when it collides with the skull. This gave a nice effect of covering the skull in flames as these embers were given negative gravity so they slowly rose upwards.

A second torch was modeled by Alex and so I set out to create a different particle system for this torch. The piece that the flames emited from was much more open compared to the torch I made so I wanted to create a much larger flame. I created a nice effect by using a similar sub particle system on the death of the first system. This created a bright flame that starts small and gets much larger towards the centre of the flame. I added smoke effects to each of the torches with randomised rotations to attempt to create a billowing smoke cloud. A flickering script was created by John to make the point lights flicker like a flame.


I then went on to create some particle systems for the golem attacks I made a shock wave of dust for the ground slam using sourced assets and an explosion for the final death to hide when the golem model is replaced with the death debri.

No comments:

Post a Comment