Tuesday 1 March 2016

main character detail progression through zbrush

This will of been the first character model that I have ever taken into Zbrush so the beginning of this process was very experimental for me.

Attempting to mimic the anatomy of reference images of body builders and muscular males from a website that I was recommended - https://www.3d.sk/ - I began trying to sculpt the torso to the desired muscle mass that our main character had. Admittedly, my first effort at doing this wasn't going quite so well, as you can see in the screen shot, not only was he not muscly enough to match our characters concept, the model simply wasn't that accurate to male anatomy. So I began to refine my model.

Jumping forward a bit, as our characters concept started to become more and more refined, so did the over all appearance of my character model within Zbrush. Prior to this point in my workflow, I hadn't been able to work from a finalized character concept that would of been given to me by our concept artist, as the main focus of at the beginning of our development was environment. However by this time, a finalized concept was given and our main character really started to take shape.




In this design progress I have shown above however, the appearance of the character is of course far more like our original concept but I still don't think that at this point I had managed to accurately capture an accurate representation of male muscle anatomy, so once again I will have to refine mainly the torso and the arms later on through my workflow

No comments:

Post a Comment