Wednesday 23 March 2016

Character after Quixel and completed character

Above Is my a render I created within Quixel using the baked maps received from xnormal.
Not Finalized, the above render shows an experimental colour way for the main characters items that he has equipped. The ability to play around with textures quick and frequently through using the workflow within Quixel meant that I was able to play around with many effects on all parts of the character before I found the one that believed to capture the original concept the most.
In order to apply different textures to different parts of the model, I used the colour ID map that I showed in my last post to apply a different texture to each colour on the model, this meant that the green trousers underneath where able to have more of a cloth appearance to them, and the bracers wrapped around his wrist where able to look more stone like.





Going back into quixel again with a better idea of how we wanted the character's clothing to look, i was able to create the finalized character you can see above, rendered in Quixel.
I added a bit more dirt and scaring on the skin texture in order to make him appear as more like he's been kept away in a dungeon for years, I then because of this ensured that his clothes where not as clean as they appeared in the previous render. 
I then added a basic pattern to the texture of the trousers that was already a dirty teal cloth texture, this then gave the effect to be wearing printed trousers which added to the authentic feel of the character.

Im very happy with the final outcome of this model. Putting all my work together in Quixel is always my favorite part of the workflow, as it breaths a lot of life into something thats been grey for most of the time that I have been working on it. Working on this character also made me more proficient in my use of applying separate textures with the use of colourID's, being able to apply them all to the same model on the same texture sheet is something I can use to my advantage when i come to creating a character again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment