Tuesday 1 March 2016

Mage statue modeling progression

Along with modeling the main character I was also given the task of creating some of the environment assets as well. Fortunately a lot of the environment assets that we require within the game require the human form, to create them such as the statue that I have began modeling here.
To make the process of creating this statue quicker for myself, meaning I can give it to my team a lot faster also I exported a lower poly version of the character that I was working within Zbrush, as I was told that this statue was going to be of a mage, the beard that was given to our main character could be useful for this statue too i thought. 


As the mesh that I exported from Zbrush was however of course in the Tpose position I set up a basic humanIK rig, similar to how I did so before in order to get my characters base mesh into a Tpose position I was now doing it again to get it out of a T pose and into a more heroic stance that would be more presentable as a statue of a mage. 


After Posing the model I began creating items for it, such as the book you can see it holding, along with the boots and robe that he is wearing, this will make my process in Zbrush easier later on down the line where I will be adding detail to the statue in order to give it the effect that it is made of stone that has been worn away from its years of being in the dungeon that it is placed within

No comments:

Post a Comment