Wednesday 23 March 2016

Main character Textures

Albedo

ColourID

Rather than the traditional approch of applying my colour ID maps within Zbrush and then exporting them out, I instead painted my Colour ID map within photoshop instead, over a UV snapshot of the models UV's. I did this essentially due to my lack of experience within Zbrush at this present time and I wanted to ensure that I could get my finished character model textured as fast and efficiently as I possibly could.

Gloss

Normal

When it came to creating the normal maps for my model, I was force to play around with them a bit in photoshop before they where as accurate as they are now on the model. this is because, when I was baking all of my characters objects together within Xnormal, parts of the models would bake on to each other, which obscured the model. For instance, my first normals came out so that the bracer around the neck was baked onto the back of the characters neck, and the rope around his waste could be seen on his back. So what I did to avoid this was bake each object separately and then overlay all of the separate normals within photoshop so that they would all be mapped out correctly in the uv's but not have any of the previous baking issues that i had before.

Specular

No comments:

Post a Comment