Wednesday 23 March 2016

Finished LowPoly model and UV unwrap


Here I have shown the completed Low Poly model of our games main character that I created for the High Poly Zbrush model to be baked on to.
I created this low poly model by exporting out a decimated version of the high poly model that i created in zbrush so that it wasnt to high poly that it would make maya run to slowley. I then imported it into maya and began creating my low poly model by quad drawing around the model.
As you can see the character is still made of a few separate models. The body, bracers and folded jacket are all separate so they where all given their own low poly model. This was done as a request by our animator so that he could make the bracers appear to move while he is running rather than them being static and stuck to his body. 



Here I have a screenshot of the main characters finalized UV layout, ensuring that there are no obvious seems that would obscure the textures when they are put onto the low poly model. I do realize however that the way I have layed out my UV's means that there will be a seem that goes straight down the middle of my models face, I did however make a decision to put the seem here instead of on the back as I considered that the player wouldn't ever be seeing the face of the character directly as the game is being played in first person.

No comments:

Post a Comment