Sunday 10 January 2016

Intial Game Idea - John Howard

Initial Setup

I came into this project with a general idea of a rpg leveling wizard. The notion being that there would be multiple skill lines to progress down and the like. When speaking to the group I put this idea forward and it was met with a measure of success. We then developed it further and tried to piece together a rough game concept.

The idea of skills and being able to unlock them through an interactive 'spell book' emerged and then the concept that the playable character was actually a villain. Perhaps letting the player play as the overpowered version of him before taking away their powers and forcing them to relearn them and escape from a prison.

From here we realized we needed to concept some ideas about what a prison could be. We had the general dungeon one, a mind one, an underforest, and, my favorite, an ethereal prison realm. Each had their own supporters within the group and as such I took it upon myself to come up with some initial environmental concepts that I will post when they are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment